Artificial flowers have become one of the famous decor items. They do not require constant maintenance and look fresh and colourful every time. However, to create the illusion of reality and make the flowers look even more realistic, you need to choose the right vase and organise the artificial water.
Artificial water in a vase creates the effect of real water. In fact, flower arrangements become even more exquisite and beautifully designed.
What is artificial water made of?
One of the simplest techniques to counteract the artificial flowers in vases is the introduction of glycerin or water soap. Glycerin keeps it viscous and creates the effect of natural water movement. To create this consistency, you need to mix water of any kind and glycerin to the desired consistency and pour the resulting mixture into the vase with the fake flowers.
How can water be imitated?
Imitation of finished water of fake can be achieved by introducing all sorts of materials.
- One of the most popular and simple ways to create water of artificial origin is to introduce colourless polyethylene film. This film can be found in shops or online. The film must be carefully cut to fit the volume of the barrel. It is then laid on the bottom to create a water effect.
- Вecorative or acrylic gels. These materials have a thick consistency that can mimic water. The gel is simply applied to the bottom of the vase and once dry, creates the illusion of water. Decorative ones can be found in shops, while acrylic gels can be purchased at art shops or online.
- Сlear resins of all kinds. A certain number of transparent resins account for all the applications in creating artificial water gaps. For example, epoxy or acrylic resins. These materials strongly require great skills and specific equipment to work with them and provide an opportunity to complicate it.
Therefore, the choice of water simulation material depends on the desired effect and the availability of the material. If you want to achieve a realistic look, it is best to use decorative colourless plastic films or gels. If you need to give the vase depth and shine, try using illusion resin. All of these materials are readily available and have all the capabilities to create a faux flower vase.
Choose your preferred container
The first step in creating an artificial origin barrel is to choose a suitable holder. You can use clear glasses or plastic barrels, which will certainly help create the illusion of real water. Make sure that the chosen barrel is suitable for the chosen artificial colour source in terms of volume and shape
Use a clear acrylic gel or silicone solution
The next step is to choose the right material to create the water effect. Transparent acrylic gel or silicone water are great options that allow you to create colourless and artificial water effects. These materials are readily available at hobby and craft shops
Before applying acrylic or silicone to your vase, you should read the manufacturer’s instructions and make sure you mix the components correctly
Decorate the vase with decorations for the full effect
To give full realism, you can add decorative accessories to the vase. For example, you can paint pebbles or shells to create a bottom effect, or add the illusion of leaves or flowers floating in the water
What can I use instead of artificial water in vases?
If you don’t have the ability to create artificial water for your vase or want to use a basic, non-traditional material, there are many substitute options. Here are some considerations
- Sand is handy for creating a composition in a finished piece. Fill a vase with sand and gently place artificial flowers in it. This will create the feeling that the flowers seem to grow right out of there.
- Pebbles and gravel. Another candidate is to introduce pebbles or gravel into the vase. Remove any smooth pebbles or gravel and place a measured piece in the bottom of the vase. Then place flowers on top of the pebbles, creating a water effect without the special use of water.
- Coloured gels are again used to create the illusion of water. These gels can be purchased at design shops or online. Dilute the gel according to the instructions on the package and cover the bottom of the vase with it. Then carefully place the flowers on top of the gel
All these options will certainly help to create the right composition. And without artificial water, perform what best suits the beauty of your.
What materials are suitable for creating artificial water?
There are options for a number of materials for the preparation of artificial water of origin used in the finished artificial water product. Each has its own advantages and properties, so the choice depends on specific preferences and selection requirements.
One of the best known materials in the production of fake water is colourless resin. It has the highest transparency and looks identical to real water. The resin is simply fed into the reservoir and can be coloured to produce a natural water tone effect.
Gel and acrylic effects are also used to create a strong artificial water effect. Gels have the highest transparency and density, creating the illusion of real water due to the cauldron look. Acrylics also have the highest transparency, allowing them to be mixed with pigments to create all sorts of water colours.
Epoxy resin can be used to give a glossy effect and additional realism to fake sources. It has the best strength, transparency and stability. However, when using epoxy resin, you should pay attention to the time it takes to harden.
In general, transparency, density, elasticity and stainability should be considered when choosing materials for faux vases. Each material has the ability to create great effects and add realism to the composition.
How to make artificial water for a vase using clear glue?
To place fake water in a vase originally supported by faux glue, you will need
- Colourless glue
- A clear transparent glass vase
- Artificial flowers or other decorative items you want to place in the vase
Step 1: Preparation
First of all, you need to make sure that the vase is clean. If there are dirt or fingerprints on the vase, it can affect the appearance of the artificial water source.
Step 2: Using colourless glue
To make the unnatural water source effective, fill the vase with colourless glue. Make sure the amount of glue is enough to create the right depth and size. Most importantly, don’t use too much glue so that the water doesn’t look too artificial.
Carefully add flowers or other decorative items to the vase, leaving enough space between the glue and the top of the vase.
Step 3: Allow the structure to dry
Once the items have been placed in the vase, allow the glue to dry completely. At this point, the glue is colourless, shiny and looks like real water.
Make sure that the water in the faux vase actually stays in the stone and that the glue does not seep through any small cracks or holes in the bottom of the vase to prevent leaking. When the glue is completely dry, you can be satisfied with the look of the water, which will add realism to the flower arrangement.
Now you know how to make artificial water for vases using clear glue! Enjoy transparent and colourful fake flower arrangements in your home or at events.
How to make acrylic water for flower arrangements?
Below are simple steps to help you make acrylic water for flower arrangements
- Prepare all the necessary materials: a clear glass vessel, a glass jar for mixing acrylic gel or liquid acrylic, glass sticks or spray, and clean water
- Fill the glass jar with water, leaving a small margin at the top for the acrylic
- Add the acrylic gel or liquid acrylic to the water. Start with a small amount and see the result. If thick acrylic water is required, add more acrylic
- Using a glass rod or any other stick, mix the water with the acrylic. Remember that the acrylic should dissolve completely in the water
- Carefully place the artificial flowers in the vase with the artificial water and arrange them so that they look natural
Now your acrylic water flower arrangement is ready! Enjoy the beauty and realism of unnatural flowers in a vase. Keep in mind that acrylic water can lose its clarity over time. If this happens, replace the acrylic water with new water to maintain the water effect
What is a two-part resin? Are they suitable for fake water?
The working principle of two-component resins
Two-component resins are often used to make fake water. They are created using two different components, as the name suggests. This material is highly transparent and is ideal for imitating liquids. To make fake water, you need to mix two component resins in the specified ratio. The mixture cures over a period of time to form a transparent, indestructible surface that mimics water
Advantages of using two-component resins to make artificial water
2.|The material will not yellow over time
3.|Rugged and durable surface
4.| Resistant to chemicals
5.|Possible to create different textures and effects
6.|Easy to use
If you need artificial water in a vase with artificial flowers, two-component resin is an excellent choice. It can create the effect of real water and give the flowers a more realistic look
Conclusions and Suggestions
As a result of the conducted research we can make correct conclusions and recommendations on the use of artificial-origin vases with artificially produced flowers
- Vases with artificial of flowers is considered as a beautiful completion, natural and close to reality appearance of the composition. It creates the floral charm and naturalness of the artificial liquid
- Artificial water is as good as its unaltered counterparts and, most importantly, does not spoil over time. It remains colorless and transparent for a long time.
- In the process of making artificial water vases, the materials must be chosen correctly. Use high quality materials and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
Choosing the right use of artificial imitation liquid in a vase with flowers allows you to create beautiful and elegant arrangements that remain entertaining and self-contained no matter the time.